We have WONDERFUL news! Hobart WILL be putting down ice for the summer. Please read this post fully as there is a lot of information covered.
With guidelines that have been worked out between Hobart Arena & the Miami County Health Department, starting Monday, June 15th Hobart Arena is planning to start to having ice. Freestyle Ice will be Monday – Thursday 9am – 5pm.**
Mandatory guidelines that the Health Department has approved.
**6/5/20 Update: New information will be blue with white text**
- Skating coaches will be required to sign the State of Ohio Responsible RestartOhio Skills Training for All Sports indicating they are aware of the requirements.
- Maximum of 20 skaters at any given time on the ice
- All coaches, skaters and parents/guardians must do a self-symptom check before coming to the arena. Anyone experiencing symptoms must stay home.
- Limit of one adult accompanying each skater inside the venue.
- Arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before your session and leave no later than 15 minutes after your session ends.
- Seating sections will be designated for people accompanying skaters. These areas will be sanitized every 2 hours. (Sections 21 & 23)*
- Entry will be in the south lobby. Exit out the south west doors.
- Chairs will be provided in the corridor for skaters to put on their skates with a minimum distance of 6’ between chairs.
- Entry and exit to and from the ice will be at 2 different locations. (Entry onto the ice will be the ramp between Sections 29 & 31. Exit will be the south gate at Sections 21 & 23)*
- One skater to enter the ice at a time with markings on the floor indicating distancing to enter onto the ice.
- Skating Coaches are requested to wear masks, must maintain 6’ social distancing and are not permitted any physical contact with skaters.
*Included at the end of this post is an Arena Section Map with the seating sections, ice entrance & ice exit marked.
Paying for ice, use of coupons & coupon box:
- Coupons will still be sold at the South Lobby desk & the coupon box will at the ice entrance.
- Cost is $10 per hour.
- There will be hand sanitizer at the coupon box.
Coaches WILL be allowed to coach from the boxes & will not count toward the 20 skater limit in this case. If a coach is on the ice they will be included in the 20 skater limit.
- Please make sure that Hobart Arena has your current 2019-2020 coaching paperwork on file. If you are unsure if you have given them your credentials this (2019-2020) season please bring them with you and give them to the employee working the South Lobby desk. You will need to bring your 2020-2021 credentials with you once you have renewed for the new season.
- The music box will be utilized in the same manner we always have.
- There will be hand sanitizer at the music box
**Please keep in mind that this is still an ever changing situation that is being evaluated daily. Any changes to guidelines, expectations and/or schedule will be shared as soon as possible via email, website & Facebook**